ELLEN WINTERS MILLER, M.A., L.M.F.T.
Ellen is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with more than 25 years of clinical experience working in the mental health field. Her specialization and focus in the field of assisted reproduction for the past 20+ years began with her own personal struggles with infertility.
Ellen has unparalleled compassion, knowledge, problem solving skills and experience interacting and collaborating with all who are involved in creating today’s families:
- Gestational Carriers/Surrogates and their spouses and/or significant others
- Intended Parents (including the LGBT community pursuing families by choice)
- Egg Donors (Identified, Known or Anonymous)
- Sperm Donors (Identified, Known or Anonymous)
- Involved Grandparents
- Those considering egg freezing for themselves
- Transgender Reproductive Counseling
- Fertility Clinics/Reproductive Endocrinologists & Staff
- Third Party Assisted Reproduction Agencies (Egg Donor, Sperm Donor, Surrogate, Gestational Carrier, Embryo Donation)
- Obstetrician/Gynecologists and Staff
- Children Created with the Assistance of Medical Intervention
Ellen provides detailed and personalized Assessments, Evaluations, Consultations, and Ongoing Care for all who are involved in a fertility journey, focusing on each participant’s specific hopes, dreams and challenges. Her personal and professional experience and continuing professional training provide her with the knowledge to skillfully assess prospective egg donors and surrogates as well as the compassion and problem solving skills to provide guidance to individuals pursuing fertility treatment.
Most clients using Ellen come to her Costa Mesa, California office. If they are not available to do so, arrangements are made for videoconference consultations; thus, Ellen works with many domestic and international clients.
Ellen continues her professional growth in the field of infertility through awareness of evidence-based research and her involvement as a professional in numerous organizations. As a member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) Mental Health Professional Group, Ellen participated on the Donor Recipient Family Task Force and currently is a member of the Social Media Task Force. She was also instrumental in setting up the Professionally led Support Groups for Resolve of Orange County CA.
Ellen is also a founding Board Member of the Ovarian Cancer Orange County Alliance.