Individuals and/or couples contact FCCI seeking assistance in achieving healthy relationships and a better quality of life. Or, they are facing a major life transition. These might include:
- Marital/Partnership Issues
- Aging Parents
- Adult Children
- Empty Nest
- Substance Abuse
- Terminal Illness (Your diagnosis or that of a loved one)
FCCI’s orientation is short-term counseling and problem solving provided with respect and compassion. Our mental health professionals help you:
- Simplify and breakdown the existing challenge so it doesn’t feel so insurmountable.
- Understand and create personal goals…what do you want and how can you get there?
- Explore your current situation and feelings about it.
- Examine your actions…are they self-defeating or self-enhancing?
- Become pro-active for creating change.
The ultimate objective is for you to feel:
- Empowered with the knowledge you have prioritized what is important and learned effective communication and other social skills to achieve your goals.
- Confident you have the skills to lead a balanced and happy life.
- At peace in your life, knowing although there might still be ups and downs, you can handle new challenges.
- Respected and true to yourself and accepting of your decisions.
Please contact FCCI if you have any questions or feel we can be of assistance to you.